Worldwide coronavirus cases surpass 45.3 million with over 1,185,000 official deaths.
- Angela Merkel confirmed this week that the goal of the latest wave of pandemic measures was to reduce contact of people who don’t live together by 75% in efforts to return to a level of fewer than 50 or less cases per 100,000 people. Merkel is hoping the plan will work by the end of November.
- US stimulus talks between the Democrats and Republicans are dead but not buried with negotiations most likely to resume post the US election
- US new confirmed coronavirus cases set a new single day record of more than 83,400
- US third quarter GDP comes in at 33.0% up from estimates of 31.0%
- Coronavirus in France is becoming dire with full lockdowns considered for 3 major cities – Paris, Lyon and Marseille
- NZ third quarter job ads are down 9.9%